Aug 30, 2012

Cleared and Puzzle Completed!

We received word that we have been cleared by the Embassy!!!!  Whoo Whoo!  We leave to go get our sweet girl Monday, Sept 3rd!

We officially had the gestational period of a Camel or a Beluga Whale, 14 months.  This is incredible if you've talked to others in the process, especially with Ethiopia. I have not one complaint; it was perfect even in the midst of us moving.  You know what else is perfect, our great provider!  I checked our PayPal account for the first time in almost 2 months last night and you know what I found  - 72 pieces of our puzzle had been paid for....exactly 72!  Remember this post about those last 72 pieces?  Do you have chills yet?  I still do! We feel immensely blessed.  To this point, the trip being one of the last expenses we need to pay for, between our resources and yours, God has covered every single penny to bring Kena home. Praise God! You'll then notice our thermometer exploded which is even more awesome as I received word we have funds waiting to be used towards our travel expenses in our agency's account.
Thank you from the bottom of our souls!  We would love for you to meet her if your able as we will be arriving back in Raleigh on Saturday, Sept 8th around 1:47pm.

A couple prayer requests as we head out:

 *Prayer for safe travels, everyone stay healthy, especially our other kids at home
* Care takers (my parents) as they manage the school routine and being in a new city
* For the Embassy appointment to go well. Kena has recently been sick, pray she is well enough to be cleared.
* That she would feel at peace with us and we would be able to communicate with her through pictures/language.
* For the flight home to pass quickly, that she would sleep most of the trip and not be scared. (I'm armed with liquid melatonin.)
* That jet lag would be light and we would be able to sleep when we need to.
* For adjustment time once we get home, that she wouldn't be overwhelmed, but be comfortable with her new siblings.
* If you've adopted before, that you would pray for everything else that we would need prayer for.
Thank you!

 Looking forward to beginning life with Kena and her beginning life with her family, the one God had planned long before we knew it. You all made this possible, thank you!

 



3 comments:

  1. So excited for you!! I will be lifting all 6 of you up in prayer. Really. I would so love to be at the airport when ya'll get home. . .but we will be at the beach that weekend. Oh I am so excited for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laura! We are thrilled for you and will be praying for the things you listed and more!!! I'll talk to Lee to check, but we should be able to come to the airport on the 8th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! I just got goosebumps reading this testimony!!! Praise the LORD!! I will certainly be praying for your sweet family and these requests. Thank you so much for sharing this! What a sweet family you have! Thanks so much for allowing me to serve you with your flights and please call if you need ANYTHING along the way. God bless! ~Tabitha :)

    ReplyDelete