May 17, 2012

Orphanage Needs

So now that I have a sweet face and name, my heart is hooked and the adoption finally seems "real".  We got an e-mail this week saying Tiny Tot K was transferred from the only home she's ever known to another orphanage that will be easier to get to when we first meet her.  This is because her home orphanage is very remote with lots of road work, making it hard to get to.  They are also short on staff to help us travel and be our translators.  My heart sunk knowing this was one of 3 big changes she'll make over the next couple of months, but I know it's getting her one step closer to us.  New nannies, new children, and not knowing what's happening and why.  Thankful their was a familiar face that was moving with her.  We're coming K, we're coming!

We have another great opportunity for you to help and it may be as simple as cleaning out your closets or cabinets.  Our agency has several orphanages in Ethiopia and they are in need of the following items that we can take over when we go.  I know I don't live close to most of you anymore, but if you have something you want to send over, let me know and I can meet you the next time I'm in Raleigh.  

·         baby scales – metric
·         regular scales – metric
(We realize that scales may be expensive but wanted to make this big need known in case anyone would like to provide them!  Our current scales are not registering very accurately as the nannies have been weighing the older children on them!  Thus the need for regular and baby scales!)

·         baby wipes
·         extra nipples for bottles
·         plastic bottles
·         wash cloths – lightweight for easy wash and dry
·         hand towels
·         infant and toddler toys
·         Depends for the widows at the W&OH
·         size 1T, 2T, 3T & 4T clothes
·         baby clothes 0-24 mos and premie sizes – no onsies or snap crotch
Thank you all so much!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I don't think we've ever met, I clicked over here from Ashley Brown's blog because the title "Orphanage needs" caught my attention. My husband and I are also adopting from Ethiopia and I'm excited to see you a few steps ahead. I'm excited about watching your journey, what an encouragement to accidentally find you. God bless your precious Tiny Tot K!!!

    ReplyDelete