In the meantime I have a lot of great things to be glad about and wanted to pass it along. It was hard to stop at 10 so I gave 11.
1. Super glad I had a doctor's appointment this morning in Raleigh where I could stock up on Trader Joe's essentials, get my fix at Skinny Dip (frozen yogurt shop), and love on my folks for a few minutes while they got to play with Jay.
Even more glad to hear the store manager at Trader Joe's is moving to open a TJ in Winston-Salem and the owner of Skinny Dip asked if I was interested in opening a store in Greensboro. Hmmmm....tempting. Wouldn't that be such a fun place to work?
2. Super glad that my Rheumatoid Arthritis remains in remission and good medicines are available so I can live a normal, active life. After watching some folks in the waiting room I'm reminded how buttoning a coat or getting up from a couch can be so painful and thankful the Lord has shown His grace and mercy to me in my child-rearing years. I was brought to tears (which is hard for my non-emotional self) after such a good report when I think of all those, some who are so close to me, who suffer without relief in sight or without meds available. If you're reading this and it sounds familiar, God laid you on my heart today and I'm glad to be able to say that if there isn't relief here on earth soon, we know there will be in heaven.
3. Super glad I have a brother and a brother-in-law who have the same birthday today making it one less date to store in my brain. Happy Birthday Ben and Paul!
4. Super glad our new neighborhood is filled with kids our kids ages and really nice folks. We are getting to know our neighbors who we really like and seem to have a lot in common.
5. Speaking of neighbors, the ones that are behind our chicken coop think our chickens are too loud and have called with concern. Our HOA technically doesn't allow "poultry", but we told them and they were ok...unless there was a problem. Somehow the chickens have been much louder and we're not sure why. We decided to pass them off to a loving home and possibly replace them with bunnies. Which begs me to question, if they think our chickens are loud, I hate to know what they think of our kids - super glad they didn't ask us to get rid of them!
6. Super glad I met Bryce's teacher for the first time at the church we've been attending the last couple of weeks. Can't think of a better way to meet her. (We didn't meet her a couple weeks ago as she was out on maternity leave.)
7. Super glad we were pointed to a good church and Sunday School class with really nice folks (some who happen to be in our neighborhood) who love the Lord and have made us feel at home.
8. Super glad I found a neat antique - thrift store here where I found this vintage picture that will be the theme of my kitchen.
9. Mentioning things orange, or-an-ge you glad that color is popular this season? Maybe I'm alone in this, I seem to be one of the few where orange is MY favorite color.
10. Super glad I finally found a sweet treat that satisfies, but isn't to bad at breaking the calorie bank. Frozen Reese's Cups. Made of fat free cool whip, a little reduced fat peanut butter, and a little lite Hershey's syrup. Yummm....
11. Super Glad that God is perfect in His provisions and that He never ceases to give us exactly what we need, when we need it. Especially when I continue to prove less faithful to Him than He is to me. Thank you Lord for giving us your Grace and Mercy when we least deserve it.
Hopefully you can come up with a quick list of 10 or 11 yourself. God Bless!
My #3 loves orange too. :) So much that the room she shares with her sister was painted half purple and half orange. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love being glad, too. Definitely a great re-focuser. Glad to hear all of your good news. We, too, rest and wait on God's perfect timing in our adoption. Bless you all.
ReplyDelete