Chick-fil-A at Falls Village had their biggest fundraiser EVER by a couple hundred dollars thanks to you! Total Sales from flyers received was $1,840.33 x 20% = $368.07!!!!
+ Raffle Sales - $405
+ Silent Auction - $1,100
Total - $1,873.07!!!!!!!
I honestly don't know where to start or what to say in regards to the fundraiser at Chick-fil-A. It was incredible, humbling, glorifying, encouraging, and arm hair raising all rolled into one.
A huge thank you to God and his people in action. (Thought we might have needed everyone to help build an ark by the time the night was done it was raining so hard.) A huge thank you to Chick-fil-A for making super tasty food and doing all the cooking for us with smiles on their faces. And last, but not least, a HUGE thank you to you guys! To all who piled your wives, husbands, kids, friends, whoever in the car to buy more food than you would normally eat, on a night you probably wouldn't eat it, for the LOVE of adoption and supporting friends. We had folks from Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Burlington, all to buy food on behalf of supporting us. I know many of you were feeding your families without your spouses to help which makes it twice as hard. My husband and I felt like we should have on a fancy tuxexdo and big white dress as we walked around talking to new and old friends. It was like our wedding day all over again except the bride we were celebrating who was calling us to adoption is Jesus.
This night reminded me that in spite of ourselves and our short comings, God is there and will reveal himself in ways we can't imagine. The Chick-fil-A night was one of those nights.
As I looked at the large group of people in the dining room area, I saw children adopted from the US, Guatemala, Russia, Korea, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Vanuatu, and China. This was a glimpse of heaven on earth. We didn't care about race, country, or background; we all have one common theme which is to share the love of Christ by offering these children love, food and shelter. We don't know exactly when we can bring our little one home, but seeing everyone there confirms that we are one step closer for the one God has created in our hearts to fit the missing piece in our family. From the bottom of our hearts, Thank you!
I think every seat filled was there for us
My raffle saleswoman for the evening - Cailey
Raffle Winners -
Hand made Soaps - Suzanne Garrison
31 Gifts Gift card - Joy Emery
Premier Design Bracelet - Denise Sawyer
Premier Design Earrings - Anthony Williams
Premier Design Cross Slide - Dottie Amos
8 inch decorated cake - Ellie Nelson
Craft Gift Basket - Lisa Maxfield
Date Night Gift Basket - Brandie Kutch
Silent Auction winners have been contacted.
you guys rock!!! so thankful we could be part of that night!
ReplyDeleteI feel like I missed such a great event.... Sure hoPe I can be in town next time!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so excited for your family!! God is good. . .all the time!
ReplyDelete