Yep, they're cute and they're ALL mine!
We were warned by both our agency and other couples that when we signed up to start the adoption process we might as well have placed a big target on our backs. Ummm...yes please I'll take a child who needs parents with a side of attacks, that sounds delightful. Let's be honest, nobody likes to hear that, which of course is about the same time satan begins trying to make us doubt the decision that God already laid on our hearts. We'll sorry satan, my God has more power and will prevail over your constant attacks. Boy were they right and God has graciously reminded me that there will be attacks, but He is right there with us in control, protecting, providing, and making sure we can complete the task He has set out for us to do.
Basically, there is really nothing happening at this point except waiting on paperwork and fingerprint / FBI background check to be approved which would allow our home study to be completed. And you know what, I am at peace with that. I honestly can't remember feeling this kind of peace before. I have this neat vision of God's hand over all the circumstances going on in our lives right now and the movement of one finger in His timing will allow everything else to move. This waiting time reminds me to be thankful for past circumstances to reflect when He took care of us then and who will take care of us now. Not to say it won't be hard to let go of that control, I'm just ok not knowing what, where, when, and how because the omniscient creator knows exactly what, where, when, and how and it's up to him when it will happen. So.....why try doing it ourselves when we're only going to fail and get frustrated with the results? We're human and God is constantly giving us opportunities to let go and give that control over to Him. This is always a learning curve for me when I just like to handle things on.my.own.......and I've failed....but thankfully God is merciful and forgiving and gets us back on track where He wants us.
There are also a few other big things we are waiting on to move forward as a result of those "attacks" and hopefully I will be able to share that with you soon. Some thoughts as to why God may be waiting? The one he has placed in our hearts is not yet ready to be placed in our home. Maybe she's born, maybe she's not. Maybe He's preparing our hearts more or wants us to be able to focus on other things. Who knows, but it will be neat to see the whole story when this is all said and done. To be able to give Him the glory because there is no way on earth we as humans can do it in our own strength.
"I have this neat vision of God's hand over all the circumstances going on in our lives right now and the movement of one finger in His timing will allow everything else to move."
ReplyDeleteYour post is an encouragement to me to remain faithful in thanksgiving, no matter how bumpy the road may be. Sounds like we might be in for quite a wait. OTOH, we serve a mighty and amazing God. All of these delays could decrease just as quickly as they started. At any rate, He is in control.
Bless you, Laura. Love your cowboy, cowgirl and horse. Darling.
Oh how I remember our wait so well! I would not trade that sweet sweet time with God for anything. Our Peanut is perfect for our family, and we are so enjoying our relationship with her birth parents. I am so excited about how God is using your family!
ReplyDeleteit's in the seasons of waiting, and the attacks in the meantime, where our theology becomes our personal belief. and the peace that you have is sweet evidence that you are living out that faith. thx so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, the pictures are great! Love those lil cowpokes! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm in a season of waiting right now too and sometimes it's just plain HARD. I love Truth in Weakness comment. Lifting you up, friend. Love you dearly.